Sunday, April 30, 2017

Plan Your Trip Now To Pulau Papan, Labuan, Malaysia


I was feeling lifeless for some time already and waiting for my next adventure was unbearably daunting. A person who loves to travel, I am sure you know how does it feel.

Well, I am not sure how many of you are aware about the existence of Labuan Federal Territory but if you did not know about it then this is the time for you to explore Malaysia's map. Why am I saying this? It is because I came to know about Labuan only after 20 years living in Malaysia when I was offered to pursue my studies here in UMS (I have never liked Geography subject therefore I have never looked on the map too; YES me being too honest) and I discovered many beautiful places but most importantly, the beaches are stunning! I will update more about Labuan in my upcoming blog posts which might create an amusement to plan your next visit to Labuan. 

Now coming back to Papan Island, it is located off Labuan island which takes about just 5 minutes to get yourself there. All you have to do is take a public transportation or a taxi to the Labuan ferry terminal and get yourself tickets for a short getaway. It is a perfect getaway for anyone who desires serenity besides students who suffer from assignments. Lol. 

I would greatly suggest you to go in a large group of friends because that will be so much fun to crack jokes and fool around with your mates. I was unfortunate when the tickets selling counter was closed but we somehow managed to receive help through some locals over there to get their contact number. My friends and I were indeed grateful to have a boat rider who was very helpful to get us tickets and in case if you need it, you may contact him directly at 014-201 6090 but I totally forgot to ask his name since I was in a rush but hey, worry not! Just give him a call and let him know when you are having your trip and he is ready to bring you across the sea! Yes, I was asked to promote his service. 

We went in a group of 6 which can actually fit up to 9 people in a speedboat. It costs about RM20.00 per pax to-and-fro. An entrance fee of RM10.00 will be charged per person once you've reached Papan Island as it is becoming a tourist attraction now. Once we've reached the jetty, we were greeted and welcomed by an island boy named Kevin who was very friendly and he took us around on a tour. It was a day trip so we didn't get to overnight in the island but accomodation wouldn't be a problem since there are chalets and camping sites for you to choose from but however, remember to make reservations before heading especially during peak seasons. In case you want to rent their chalet, it is rated RM100.00 per day according to one of the staffs I've met during my trip.

Address: Jalan Merdeka, Labuan, Malaysia
Chalet Booking: +6087-408600


Pulau Papan, Labuan, Malaysia





Life's A Beach



Air conditioned chalet


The view of Papan Island's Jetty

I always seek for opinions and reviews before heading to a place and I was told there is nothing much to do on the island but trust me, it is a great place for a short escape to enjoy sea breeze. There are more activities offered here such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, picnics, camping and you can also conduct a barbecue party where they actually rent a BBQ set for your use at the rate of RM15.00 per day. You may have any other water activities but please be warned that they are at your own risk as there will be no any life guards guarding around the island. Other than that, they do have a bar for those who prefer to have alcohol at the beach but hey wait, did I mention that Labuan is a tax and duty free island? :P

Stairway for jungle trekking


A creepy unattended building in the middle of forest but I insisted to take a picture there. How cool am I?


A nice walking trail along the jungle trekking so you don't have to worry about wearing sport shoes. Your RM5 slippers will be just fine. :)


Flatlay didn't really work here. I am sad.




Lunch for the day!

Built sand castle which was obviously disastrous 🏰



Me literally frying my skin



A beautiful mermaid was spotted


Game time !


Much needed on a sunny day


I am sure you wouldn't want to miss bounteous marine life and magnificient coral reefs!






RM20 for the snorkeling gear and a lucky friend who got an opportunity to learn basic swimming from an  European tourist. :P
Clean and clear


There's no any eatery outlet so make sure pack some food before heading to the island! We had our picnic at the back part of the island since there were plenty of European tourists having their beer at the front part of the island and we discovered that there were no Digi and Celcom line coverage where we had our picnic but somehow got back our signal after an hour. Do not worry, you still get your phone signal clear and good at the front part of the island. It is safe to go with all your female friends. No one would harm you. In fact, they were all very helpful and friendly towards us. Every summer has it's own sand and sun stories. It was a blazing hot day and the sun was shining so strong but I decided not to apply any sunscreen and there you go; I succumbed myself from another sunburn. I enjoy outdoor activities under the sun and if you are particular about your skin tone then you are highly advised to bring your sunblock along with you. 


My brown skin was severely stung by the jellyfish. Be aware. 


Meet the coolest diver, Harry. If you're planning to go for scuba diving, he'll be guiding you.



If you could find any difference... My skin was tanned terribly.


Papan Island was indeed a great experience. It was absolutely beautiful and it is better if you could experience them on your own. Ohhh yes, here's a great deal and an awesome opportunity for you to set up your camp, make a fire, grill some food and enjoy your time away from civilization! 




Join us to the Full Moon Camp @ Pulau Papan di Labuan on the 13th of May 2017, Music "Sunset to Sunrise", Futurra & Friends Live DJ Set - Camping - Bonfire - BBQ - Fun Beach Activities - and MORE!

PACKAGE RM200 For 2 PAX
-Return boat rides from/to the Labuan Marina
-Camp, camping site and snorkeling gear
-Beach volley ball
-Welcome drinks
-JOIN THE PARTY under the full moon !

Other products *NOT included in the package*
-BURGER BAKAR all night long!
-BBQ
-Instant Noodles and Munchies
-Bottled Water
-BAR items (Special! Bucket of Joy Drinks/Cocktails)
-Try Scuba Diving
Get yourself into the exclusive guestlist and don't forget to bring all of your friends and their friends too! It is definitely going to be a memorable night!

For more information, bookings and arrangements, please contact :
Ejump JamJeffrey: +6016 585 5801 




8 comments:

How Travel Has Changed My Life

In most cases, I travel by car. But, in recent years, I’ve been travelling by plane and most of the time,  Air Asia Malaysia  comes to the...